Competition Terms & Conditions
1. THE PROMOTER: The promoter of the four ‘Discover the HeART of Nelson’ prize trips is Nelson Tasman Tourism Limited (the “Promoter”).
2. ENTRY ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry into the Win A Weekend Competition (“the Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open only to a person aged 18 years of age and over. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entries can only be made online by filling out the details in the entry form on www.nelsonnz.com. Entries are limited to one entry per person. Any entries received over this limit will not be accepted.
5. COMPETITION PERIOD: Entries close at 5pm on Friday 30 September 2016. Entries after this time and date will not be accepted.
6. WINNING ENTRY AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winners will be drawn at random from all completed valid entries received before 17:00 (5pm) on Friday 30 September 2016 and will be notified by email by 17:00 on Tuesday 4 October 2016. If a winner cannot be contacted, or has not responded within 3 working days of the notification (17:00 on Friday 7 October 2016), an alternative entrant will be chosen. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: By submitting an entry, the entrant hereby agrees to participate in any publicity related to the Competition. Winners in the Competition agree that their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material.
8. TRAVEL PRIZES: The Promoter will book the transport on behalf of the prize-winner at times determined by Air NZ or Interislander and operator availability.
AIR NZ prize flights will be on Friday 21 October to Nelson and returning Monday 24 October 2016. Air travel is non-transferrable, non-upgradeable or redeemable for cash, it is limited to specific airfares and is on Air New Zealand operated flights only. All Seat Select, additional baggage costs, fare or product upgrades, airport taxes and Government charges are at the traveler’s expense. Once ticketed, the conditions and penalties of the fare and/or land arrangements used will apply, and changes are at the traveler’s expense. Not eligible for any frequent flyer accrual (including Airpoints Dollars), companion redemption or credit towards tier status. Original certificate must be presented to Air New Zealand at time of booking. Travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s General Terms and Conditions of carriage. To view visit www.airnewzealand.co.nz.
The INTERISLANDER travel prize is a voucher to the value of $500 for travel Wellington to Picton Friday 21 October and Picton to Wellington Monday 24 October, and is not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash. It may be used for a vehicle crossing and passengers or just passengers. There is no residual value that can be used at another time if the value of the booking is less than the value of the prize voucher.
OTHER PRIZES: Cycle hire by WHEELIE FANTASTIC CYCLE TOURS or TRAIL JOURNEYS, consisting of a self-guided cycle tour on part of Tasman’s Great Taste Trail, perfect for lovers of food, art and beautiful scenery; accommodation on share twin basis with GRAND MERCURE NELSON MONACO or THE RUTHERFORD HOTEL, or QUALITY HOTEL NELSON; seats for a performance in the Nelson Arts Festival programme on Saturday or Sunday night (22 or 23 October); entry tickets to Art Expo Nelson; entry tickets to WOW® World of WearableArt™ & Classic Cars Museum.
9. NON TRANSEFERABILITY OF PRIZES: The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is not transferable, refundable, exchangeable, upgradeable or redeemable for cash.
10. NO RESALE: Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of the travel prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize.
11. TRAVEL PRIZE EXCLUSIONS: The travel prizes do not include travel to and from departure points, transfers to and from airports or hotels, or any meals unless clearly stated as an inclusion in the Prize.
12. AMENDMENT FEES: Changes to travel arrangements once tickets are issued may incur additional fees which are the responsibility of the prize winner. If the prize is not utilised within the stated timeframes it will be forfeited.
13. LIABILITY: To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor their Agents supporting the Competition shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever suffered by any entrant or Prize winner/s (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss or damages) or for any personal injury (whether physical or mental) suffered or sustained by the winner and/or their accompanying passenger as a result of or in connection with the Competition or the acceptance, use or application of the Prize.
14. CHANGES TO THE COMPETITION: If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, then the Promoter reserves the right at their sole discretion to postpone, modify, reschedule or cancel the Competition and/or determine the winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to that decision being made. The Promoter accepts no liability where any such event occurs.
15. WAIVER: The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.